Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Trick-or-Treat Goody Bags

Show of hands - who's excited for Halloween?! I'm not a fan of the gore and guts side of the holiday, but I love that it's the first holiday marking fall and the transition into winter months. I also love handing out candy to cute kiddos dressed up in fun costumes, especially when the costumes are home-made. Store bought ones are way too ordinary, imo. So yeah, bottom line, Halloween is in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to it.

This year I decided to make goody bags for our trick-or-treaters. We usually get 20-30 kids, not too many but that's good, it means I can give out better treats since I'm not feeding the masses.

I snagged two great deals on Halloween treats at Target this year: $3.99 for a box of 30 indivdual snack size bags of Halloween preztels and $4.99 for a box of 40 bite size individual Rice Krispy treats. Running total..$8. I picked up a pack of 25 Halloween plastic goody bags at the dollar store for, you guessed it, $1. Grand total for 25 Halloween goody bags and some leftover treats if we get more trick-or-treaters than expected: $9 plus 10minutes of time filing up the bags. Not bad, plus they turned out really cute and are a good alternative to just handing out a handful of candy. 

If you have a dollar store near you, snag a pack or two of Halloween goody bags and fill them up with some candy - makes for a fun eye-appealing treat for your trick-or-treaters. It's also easier to hand out and each kiddo receives an equal and fair amount of candy, so no stranger's sibling rivalries happening on your front door! A win-win if you ask me.

What are you doing for Halloween? Do you pass out candy or opt for healthier options? Or do you keep your house light off and go out for dinner to escape the mobs of kids ringing your doorbell?

~Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment