Monday, August 13, 2012

Disney World Park Maps

Disneyworld + Discovery Cove + Sea World + Beach = I.Can.Hardly.Wait.For.Vacation.

I won't divulge details on when we are actually going, but within the next 6 months my husband and I will be taking a dream trip out to Disneyworld. I've never been and it's one of my husband's favorite vacation destinations so I'm looking forward to visiting the parks with him. With our itch to start a family getting stronger we know this trip will likely be our last big vacation as just the two of us for awhile. This vacation is the big thing in our life right now and we have had fun spending free time on planning out all the details.

I really wonder how vacations got planned before the world wide web? I know travel agents were utilized a lot in the past, but that was before online reviews and ratings. Now, a quick browse through Tripadvisor or Yelp gives you not only ratings and reviews, but lists the top activities in the area/city/region you are visiting. I found this to be so useful in planning our trip, especially when it comes to booking hotels and getting ideas on where to eat at Disney. I love the internet and modern-day vacation planning. Even if it is a time-sucker lol.

The whole point to this post is that I wanted to share an awesome freebie find I came across while browsing the Disneyworld website. If you are planning a trip to the park, you can sign up for a free account on their website and make your own personalized park maps!

Here's the "How-To"

Go to http://customizedmaps.disney.go.com/

Create a free account if you don't already have one, otherwise, click on the "Let's get started" button on the lower right side of the homepage.

Follow the steps to create your own customized Disneyworld maps for each of the theme parks. You can read descriptions on each of the rides and select which ones you want to highlight on your map. Helpful hint - do a YouTube search for the attractions to see videos.

After you've customized each park's map, select the theme out want and then fill out the information to have them mailed to your house. It's free and easy! My husband and I spent a whole afternoon customizing our maps, making sure to look up the details of each attraction so we knew whether we wanted to select it or not. This way, when you get to the parks there is no guessing game on what attractions to visit and you don't waste time planning out your daily map.

Our maps arrived just last week (about a 2 week wait time between ordering and arrival). Take a look! We were super impressed!

Came in a large, heavy-paper envelope

Each theme park is customized with your attraction selections

They provide a few stickers to place on your maps should you choose to highlight any additional attractions you forgot about.  Each map also has a suggested list of attractions you may like but didn't already select.

Each map is about 2 feet wide, to give you an idea of the size. Definitely frame-worthy!



We are looking forward to using these maps to find our way around the Disney parks. I think we'll be less stressed about seeing everything because we will know where each attraction is that we want to go to and wont feel like we are missing out on something we wish we would have known about. Just an FYI, I wasn't paid to talk about this, just wanted to share an awesome freebie find!  As for us, the trip is still a ways off, but I'm ready to pack my suitcase and board our flight already!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment